Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Is the bride too beautiful? Safe motherhood in rural Rwanda
- V. Chambers; F. Golooba-Mutebi / Africa Power and Politics, 2012
- Despite recent improvements in some countries, progress towards reducing maternal mortality rates in sub-Saharan Africa overall lags considerably behind that of other developing country regions. Recent evidence indicates th...
- Developing financeable NAMAs: a practitioner’s guide
- D. Sawyer / International Institute for Sustainable Development, 2013
- Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) are fast becoming the climate finance vehicle of choice to help developing countries transition to low carbon, climate resilient futures. Developing countries, their development partne...
- Children Malnutrition and Horizontal Inequalities in Sub-Saharan Africa:A Focus on Contrasting Domestic Trajectories
- V. Garcia / United Nations Development Programme, 2012
- The positive trend observed in recent accelerated economic growth in sub-Saharan African countries represents a huge opportunity to foster sustainable development, This paper contributes to the literature by providing a more accurate ...
- Acting out of conflict: using participatory theatre as a tool of peacebuilding in Rwanda
- S. Smith 2013
- This 15-page article, published in the Africa Peace and Conflict Journal, shares Search for Common Ground's work using participatory theatre for peacebuilding in Rwanda, designed to help citizens and government leaders take ownership ...
- Africa Adaptation Programme knowledge management needs survey report 2012
- A. Egan 2012
- This report is a broad assessment of the knowledge needs of the Africa Adaptation Programme (AAP) countries. It hopes to help these countries capture, share and capitalise on the wealth of climate- and development-related knowledge av...
- Social protection for food security: A report by the High Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition
- Social protection has risen rapidly up the development policy agenda in the last decade. There is also a clear trend to making social protection, as well as food security, rights-based rather than discretionary...
- Democratisation and the Political Economy of Agricultural Policy in Africa
- Colin Poulton / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2012
- FAC Working Paper 43 by Colin Poulton Theories of policy neglect of, or discrimination against, agriculture in Africa include urban bias (Lipton 1977; Bates 1981) and the narrow self-interest of autonomous elites (van de W...
- Policy for agriculture and horticulture in Rwanda
- D. Booth and F. Golooba-Mutebi / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2012
- FAC Working Paper 38 by David Booth and Frederick Golooba-Mutebi Agricultural development policies in sub-Saharan Africa continue to be weak, and the reasons are to be found in the incentives transmitted to policy makers b...
- Lessons from REDD+ readiness implementation experience in the Republic of Congo: getting ready for REDD+ under uncertain, national circumstances
- P. Mbile / Congo Basin Forest Fund, 2012
- This report presents lessons learned from readiness activities in the Republic of Congo towards reducing emissions from deforestation and degradation and the role of conservation, sustainable management of forests and enhancement of f...
- Organisational Performance Review of the Norwegian People’s Aid
- E N. Tjonneland / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2012
- Organisational performance reviews are part of Norads quality assurance of its cooperation with civil society organisations. NPAs main strategy for its international work is to support popular organisations that work to in...
- Rwanda Men Engage Network
- African Rights
- NGO conducting research into human rights issues
- Pole Institute
- Research institute for the Great Lakes region of Africa
- Government of Rwanda Official Website
- Official news and information from the Government of Rwanda. WWW site contains a range of full text materials on a variety of issues and contact details for government bodies, ngos, embassies, travel companies etc . The WWW site has an extensive economic and finance section which includes poverty statistics, economic policy, and preparatory papers for the Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PSRP)....