Palestinian Territory and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- How can UN and INGOs protect Palestinian children under occupation?
- J. Hart; C.L. Forte / Forced Migration Online, 2010
- This paper explores the constraints that international and UN agencies face in protecting Palestinian children in the context of occupation, and the systematic appropriation of land and resources. The authors deem that Israel’s ...
- Children in armed conflict: current trends and concerns
- Reliefweb, 2007
- This document is the annual report from the Secretary-General. It details progress in the implementation of SC Resolution 1612 – ending the recruitment and use of children in armed conflict and its monitoring and reporting mecha...
- The situation of young Muslim women from a child’s right perspective, Middle East
- P. Ouis / Save the Children [Sweden], 2006
- This Save the Children publication investigates the situation of girls aged 12-18 years old in the Middle East with particular emphasis on the issues of participation and non-discrimination; the latter from the perspective of gender-b...
- Workshop explores ways to strengthen protection of child collaborators in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
- G. Al-Zulof / Defence for Children International Palestine Section, 2005
- This is a workshop report from Dealing with alleged child collaborators in the Occupied Palestinian Territory in the spirit of the Convention on the Rights of the Child 2005. The workshop was convened to meet with s...
- Youth peace-building responds to inter- communal conflict
- John Ungerleider / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2004
- Peace-building programmes for young people are being pioneered to transform social relationships in countries and regions suffering long-standing conflict such as Northern Ireland, Cyprus, the Middle East, the Balkans, India and Pakis...
- A review of law and policy on corporal punishment of children in the Middle East and North Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children, 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in the Middle East and North Africa. The human rights imperative to end all corporal punishment is discussed, t...
- Adolescents play key roles in peace building: case studies from around the world
- United Nations Children's Fund, 2004
- Nine case studies are presented in this paper to demonstrate how participation in peace building enhances the protection of adolescents in conflict and post conflict situations. It also aims to illustrate how participation contributes...
- Re-conceiving war-affected children: from passive victims to active survivors
- Susan Nicolai; Carl Triplehorn / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2003
- Is it time that education in emergencies occupied a more prominent place in humanitarian thinking? How can education help protect the physical and psychological wellbeing of children in war-affected or displaced communities? How ...
- Israel and Palestine failing to protect their children
- Child Rights Information Network, 2002
- This report is a call for immediate action to protect Palestinian and Israeli children. Children represent approximately 15 percent of all individuals killed since 2000 in the violence between Israelis and Palestinians. The children a...