Palestinian Territory and Health
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Ensuring human security can lead to better opportunities for human development in the Arab world
- M. El-Sayyid; M. Al-Rasheed; S. Benjelloun; Et al / Human Development Report Office, UNDP, 2009
- This report examines human development in the Arab world through a human security lens, calling on policymakers and other stakeholders to move away from a state-centric conception of security to one which also concentrates on the secu...
- What does water as a human right mean in the Middle East and North Africa region?
- A.K. Biswas (ed); E. Rached (ed); C. Tortajada (ed) / International Development Research Centre, 2008
- In 1992, a United Nations declaration proclaimed water as a human right. However, the water profession and the vast majority of governments in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region have not paid much attention. This on...
- Pushing Palestinians into poverty: occupation and the impoverishment of hope
- David McDowall; William Bell / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2002
- Why are Palestinians in the occupied territories sliding into poverty? Have prospects for economic viability, good governance, peace and reconciliation been shattered forever? What can the international community do to get Israel to c...
- Israel and Palestine failing to protect their children
- Child Rights Information Network, 2002
- This report is a call for immediate action to protect Palestinian and Israeli children. Children represent approximately 15 percent of all individuals killed since 2000 in the violence between Israelis and Palestinians. The children a...