Palestinian Territory and Gender
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
Search BRIDGE's database of gender-focused material
- The BLDS gender collection
Search for the latest gender-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- The demobilization of women’s movements: the case of Palestine
- I Jad / Association for Women's Rights in Development, 2008
- Like women’s movements worldwide, Palestinian women’s movements have been faced with both old agendas of mobilisation and liberation, and new ones concerning women’s equality and empowerment. The Palestinian context ...
- Policy brief 11: mainstreaming gender equality concerns in Palestinian TVET system
- International Labour Organization, 2012
- This policy brief presents the summary of an assessment1 by the International Labour Organization (ILO) on the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector in the West Bank and Gaza Strip (WBGS). It highlights the ove...
- Women in Action: Multiple intolerance, mounting resistance
- C Yiping (ed) / Isis International, Phillipines, 2009
- Women In Action (WIA) is a triannual magazine published by Isis International in Manila. While covering a wide range of issues affecting women globally, it pays particularly close attention to the needs and concerns of women in the Gl...
- The State of World Population 2010: From conflict and crisis to renewal
- United Nations Population Fund, 2010
- This report coincides with the 10th anniversary of UN Security Council Resolution 1325, the first formal attempt of this body to redress the absence or low level of women’s participation in peace and reconstruction efforts. Prev...
- Are rights-based approaches the way forward for conservation?
- J. Campese (ed); T. Greiber (ed); T. Sunderland (ed); G. Oviedo (ed) / Center for International Forestry Research, 2009
- The links between the realisation of human rights and the conservation of natural resources and biodiversity are receiving increasing attention worldwide. Experience has demonstrated that exclusionary approaches to conservation can un...
- Gender review: should women be included in the peace negotiations in the Palestinian Territories?
- B. Skotnes; R. Lotsberg; M. Sorvald / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2009
- This review focuses on how the Norwegian cooperation with the Palestinian Territories (PT) addresses women’s issues and gender concerns as defined in the Norwegian policy documents. The paper provides an assessment of status and...
- Understanding feminist movements
- S. Batliwala / Association for Women's Rights in Development, 2008
- What do we mean by women’s movements and what makes a movement feminist? Why are movements important and what are the differences between movements and organisations? What are the issues facing women’s and feminist movemen...
- The difference between legal rights and reality for Arab women
- B.A. Barakat; A. Funk; S. Kröhn / Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH, 2007
- The legal reality for women in the Arab world is such that legal rights enshrined in international conventions and in national constitutions and laws are often of little relevance to the lives of many women, especially the poor. ...
- Social and political organisation in the Palestinian's womens sector
- M. A. Jamal / Dubai School of Government, 2008
- By examining the Palestinian women’s sector, this paper investigates the forms of social and political organization which are better able to promote a human security agenda. It argues that although the Palestinian women’s ...
- The situation of young Muslim women from a child’s right perspective, Middle East
- P. Ouis / Save the Children [Sweden], 2006
- This Save the Children publication investigates the situation of girls aged 12-18 years old in the Middle East with particular emphasis on the issues of participation and non-discrimination; the latter from the perspective of gender-b...