Palestinian Territory and Agriculture and food
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS agriculture collection
Search for the latest agriculture-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Better integrated management of water resources and regulation is needed to manage chronic water scarcity in this region
- K. Frenken (ed) / Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2009
- This FAO report aims to provide an accurate status of rural water resources management, with a special focus on irrigation, highlighting the major changes that have occurred in the last decade. In each country, the paper fea...
- Are rights-based approaches the way forward for conservation?
- J. Campese (ed); T. Greiber (ed); T. Sunderland (ed); G. Oviedo (ed) / Center for International Forestry Research, 2009
- The links between the realisation of human rights and the conservation of natural resources and biodiversity are receiving increasing attention worldwide. Experience has demonstrated that exclusionary approaches to conservation can un...
- Liberalisation will not cut poverty in Near East and North Africa
- N. Minot; M. Chemingui; M. Thomas / International Fund for Agricultural Development, 2007
- Some argue that free trade is good for poverty reduction. This report examines the impact of trade liberalisation on small farmers and other poor households in the Near East and North Africa (NENA) region. It combines a comprehensive ...
- Latest developments on food security in the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- C. Abu Sa'ada; J. Frize; C. Galluzzi / Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2007
- How can food security be ensured in the West Bank and Gaza Strip (WBGS)? Given the ever-fluctuating political and economic situation, up-to-date information is essential for policy development and programme planning as it re...
- Meeting the challenges of urban agriculture in Gaza
- L. Laeremans; A. Sourani / Eldis Document Store, 2006
- Gaza is characterised by a rapid increase of population and expansion of cities and refugee camps. Large-scale, export-oriented agricultural production has reached its limits of land-use availability and, at the same time, is confront...
- Development of the agricultural production system in the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- G. Kurzom / Ma’an Development Center, Gaza and West Bank, 2001
- This research paper seeks to propose informal popular agricultural production as an alternative to the formal Arab agricultural economic plans and policies, in general, and as an alternative to the formal Palestinian and international...
- Women bear a unique burden in the Occupied Territories
- Amnesty International, 2005
- This report deals with the impact of violence against women in the Occupied Territories in the context of conflict, including violence committed by the Israeli state or its agents; the collapse of the rule of law within the Occupied T...