Pakistan and Agriculture and food
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS agriculture collection
Search for the latest agriculture-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Role of Policy and Institutions in Local Adaptation to Climate Change Case studies on responses to too much and too little water in the Hindu Kush Himalayas
- N. S. Pradhan / International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, ICIMOD, 2012
- The research question that the study addresses is: How do political processes hinder or promote the adoption of sustainable and equitable adaptation strategies to water-related stress and hazards in the context of climate change in India, P...
- Innovation in dairying and small scale farmers in Pakistan
- T. Ali / Regoverning Markets Programme, 2006
- This study examines the case of Pakistan’s Haleeb Foods Ltd. (HFL) a milk processing and marketing company that purchases its raw milk from small and medium scale producers. It aims to generate policy-relevant research and to identify...
- The nature and extent of agricultural research and development in the Asia-Pacific
- N. M. Beintema; G-J. Stads / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2008
- Based on a survey of 11 countries (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea) this report is a comprehensive account of agricultural research and development (R&...
- Can irrigation provide a route towards poverty alleviation?
- M. Lipton / Poverty Research Unit, Sussex, 2008
- Focusing on water resources and irrigation, this paper documents a talk by Michael Lipton exploring approaches to poverty alleviation in developing Asia. The talk discusses the findings of a recent paper ‘Pro-poor intervention strateg...
- Common misconceptions? The nature and impact of GM crops
- J.L. Villar; B. Freese; N. Stocks (ed) / Friends of the Earth International, 2008
- This paper provides a fact-based assessment of Genetically Modified (GM) crops around the world. Analysing documents from scientific technical bodies, industry, academia, governments, and civil society across a range of countries including ...
- Innovative practices for connecting small-scale producers with local and regional markets
- International Institute for Environment and Development, 2007
- Rapid changes are taking place in agri-food markets in middle and low-income countries and small-scale agriculture, which supports the livelihoods of the majority of rural poor, is poorly prepared for these changes. These 8 case studies, wh...
- Analysis of the impact of resource conservation technologies in Pakistan
- M.D. Ahmad; H. Tural; I. Masih; M. Giordano; Z. Masood / International Water Management Institute, 2007
- This study uses both farmer surveys and physical measurements to understand the impact resource conservation technologies (RCTs) have had on water use and water savings in irrigated rice-wheat zones of Pakistan’s Indus Basin, the centre of ...
- Case studies exploring the conflict-forest link
- D. Kaimowitz / European Tropical Forest Research Network, 2006
- This newsletter highlights the theme of forests and conflict. While there is much international debate on security and governance issues, sustainable management of natural resources appears to receive inadequate attention. The articles in t...
- Managing aid programmes for natural resource management: a case study from Pakistan
- I. Nyborg; J. Ali / Noragric, Department of International Environment and Development Studies, Norwegian University of L, 2005
- This paper discusses the Aga Khan Rural Support Program’s (AKRSP) participatory and democratic approach to development in the northern areas of Pakistan. It addresses the implications of this approach in dealing with power relations in loca...
- Agricultural growth does not necessary lead to poverty reduction
- S. Malik / Asian Development Bank Institute, 2005
- This report examines the apparent paradox that emerged over the 1990s of relatively good reported agricultural growth accompanied by increasing levels of poverty. In order to do so it explores the reasons why the benefits of agricultural gr...
- Asian Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development (AJARD)
- Open access journal focusing on agriculture and rural development