Malaysia and ICTs for development
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- E-Governance and Service Delivery Innovations in Malaysia: An Overview
- N. A. Siddiquee 2013
- Since the early years, e-government in Malaysia has come to be seen as a key component of governmental strategy for achieving the national developmental goals. While such goals capture some essential elements of MDGs and Malaysia has ...
- ICT in the changing landscape of higher education in Southeast Asia
- K. S. Hong 2011
- Some of the possible roles of ICT in higher education in the face of these challenges discussed in this paper are what and how students learn, when and where students learn, who the new faces of students and lecturers are, and ways to...
- The Use of ICT in Teaching Islamic Subjects in Brunei Darussalam
- M. A. Lubis 2011
- This paper examined the use of ICT (Information and Communication Technology) in teaching Islamic subjects in religious schools. Besides that, this paper also studies the IT usage in teaching Islamic Religious Knowledge (IRK) subjects...
- Policy on ICT in Education Malaysia
- MSC Malaysia, 2010
- The policy begins with the overview of national goals and national policies such as the Government Transformation Programme (GTP), New Economic Model (NEM), Economic Transformation Programme (ETP), the 10th Malaysia Plan (RMK10) and m...
- Role of Government: As an Enabler, Regulator, and Provider of ICT Based Services
- S. Bhatnagar 2003
- This paper is written to serve as a basis for discussing the role of government: as an enabler, regulator, and provider of ICT based services in the Asian Forum on Information Communication and Technology Policy and e-Strategies being...
- ICT, the New Media (Internet) and Development: Malaysian Experience
- A. Salman / Innovation Journal, 2012
- The mass media in Malaysia has been encouraged to work with the government in mobilizing the people towards achieving national development objectives. Apart from the role that has been played by the traditional media, Information and ...
- Contribution of Information and Communication Technology in Increasing Agro-based Entreprenuers Productivity in Malaysia
- B. A. Samah 2012
- ICT usage has become more relevant in the modern days and agriculture is one of the sectors that benefited from it. ICT without doubt is one of the main instruments in doubling agriculture productivity and agriculture community must b...
- Internet Usage in a Malaysian Sub-Urban Community: A Study of Diffusion of ICT Innovation
- S. Salman / Innovation Journal, 2011
- This article is about the diffusion of the Internet, an ICT innovation, in a sub-urban community in Malaysia. This study supports the diffusion of innovation theory, which says that an innovation perceived to have an added advantage, ...
- ICT for Development in ASEAN countries
- A. Okuda / United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, 2009
- This paper aims to review progress made in some countries and assess how a subregional approach could accelerate the promotion of the above indicators by sharing knowledge, expertise and experience. In particular, it examines the case...
- Threats to internet freedom
- K.D. Karlekar; S.G. Cook / Freedom House, 2009
- The study evaluates the level of internet and mobile phone freedom experienced by average users and activists in a sample of 15 countries across 6 regions. It is based on a newly developed set of 19 indicators. The index ad...
- Asia-Pacifiic Development Information Program (APDIP)
- Promotes IT for development throughout Asia-Pacific