Malaysia and Gender
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
Search BRIDGE's database of gender-focused material
- The BLDS gender collection
Search for the latest gender-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- The healthcare tailored to gender-based violence (GBV) victims in seven Asian/Pacific countries
- S. Ibrahim; S. Daluwatte; D. Bernado / United Nations Population Fund, 2010
- This report brings together seven case studies on gender-based violence (GBV) in seven Asian/Pacific countries, and reviews the specific healthcare delivered to its victims there. In Bangladesh, GBV is common and preval...
- Gender and natural resource management: critical feminist perspectives
- B., P. Resurreccion; R. Elmhirst / International Development Research Centre, 2008
- This book examines the gender dimensions of natural resource exploitation and management, with a focus on Asia. It explores the uneasy negotiations between theory, policy, and practice that are often evident within the realm of gender...
- Women and ICTs in Asia
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, 2006
- How can we ensure that women have equitable access to the benefits and opportunities made possible by Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) and how can ICTs be leveraged for womens empowerment and the promotion of ge...
- Children and women domestic workers’ experiences of abuse and how governments can address them
- J. Sunderland; N. Varia / Human Rights Watch, 2006
- Abuses of children and women domestic workers - many of them migrant workers - are widespread, but increased awareness of the problem has not yet resulted in concerted government action to address it. Based on interviews with hundreds...
- The evolution of the women's movement in Malaysia
- Z. A. Aziz / United Nations [UN] Division for the Advancement of Women, 2005
- This paper focuses on the legal campaign by the Malaysian Joint Action Group Against Violence Against Women (JAG) as well participation in the electoral process by women's groups either through JAG or acting in coalition with other gr...
- Abuse of domestic workers in Malaysia
- N. Varia / Human Rights Watch, 2004
- This report provides a comprehensive account of the endemic and often severe abuses of migrant domestic workers in Malaysia, 90 per cent of whom are Indonesian. It is based on over one hundred first-hand accounts, as well as interview...
- Women in Asian fisheries
- The WorldFish Center, 2001
- This site contains documents from all speeches held at the symposium. Papers include: women in Asian fisheries: a generalist's perspective The role of networks in addressing research and development issu...
- Suhakam Human Rights Commission of Malaysia
- Human rights commission of Malaysia
- International Council on Management of Population Programmes, Malaysia (ICOMP)
- Resource on population programmes
- Asia-Pacific Resource and Research Centre for Women (ARROW)
- Works on improving quality of development policies and programs affecting women in the Asia-Pacific region