Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Oil Price Volatility, Economic Growth and the Hedging Role of Renewable Energy
- J.E. Rentschler / World Bank, 2013
- This paper investigates the adverse effects of oil price volatility on economic activity and the extent to which countries can hedge against such effects by using renewable energy. By considering the Realized Volatility of oil prices,...
- Agricultural vulnerability and adaptation to climatic changes in Malaysia: review on paddy sector
- Md., M. Alam; C. Siwar; A., H. Jaafar / Current World Environment, 2013
- This paper provides a brief review on the global and Malaysian perspective of climate change, and its impacts on Malaysian agriculture and relevant adaptation practices. It also provides policy recommendations for better coping with t...
- Agribusiness large-scale land acquisitions and human rights in Southeast Asia - Updates from Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Cambodia, Timor-Leste and Burma
- Forest Peoples Programme, 2013
- The series of studies discussed in this overview pull together updated information about large-scale land acquisitions in the region, with the aim of identifying trends, common threats, divergences and possible solutions. As well as s...
- Climate change adaptation for coral triangle communities: a guide for vulnerability assessment and local early action planning (LEAP guide)
- This comprehensive set of scientific and social instruments helps local governments and communities to assess their vulnerability to climate change and form their own climate change adaptation plans to address local conditions. So far...
- Setting the scene: assessing and planning with harm reduction partners
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance, 2013
- Community Action on Harm Reduction (CAHR) is an project spanning China, India, Indonesia, Kenya and Malaysia that aims to expand coverage to more than 230,000 people who inject drugs, their partners and children, with a wide range of ...
- Higher education and community engagement: innovative practices and challenges across ASEAN and Asia
- S. Gill 2013
- This paper is expanded from selected presentations and discussions during the 2nd UKM-AUN Regional Forum on University Social Responsibility and Sustainability (USR&S), 9th 11th May 2011. It serves as a resource of innovati...
- AsiaEngage Conference Report 2012
- Following the Regional Conference on Higher-Education-Community-Industry Engagement held on the 7th to 9th of May 2012, a report was subsequently written to capture the important outcomes and issues which arose from the event. The rep...
- E-Governance and Service Delivery Innovations in Malaysia: An Overview
- N. A. Siddiquee 2013
- Since the early years, e-government in Malaysia has come to be seen as a key component of governmental strategy for achieving the national developmental goals. While such goals capture some essential elements of MDGs and Malaysia has ...
- ICT in the changing landscape of higher education in Southeast Asia
- K. S. Hong 2011
- Some of the possible roles of ICT in higher education in the face of these challenges discussed in this paper are what and how students learn, when and where students learn, who the new faces of students and lecturers are, and ways to...
- The Use of ICT in Teaching Islamic Subjects in Brunei Darussalam
- M. A. Lubis 2011
- This paper examined the use of ICT (Information and Communication Technology) in teaching Islamic subjects in religious schools. Besides that, this paper also studies the IT usage in teaching Islamic Religious Knowledge (IRK) subjects...
- Sisters in Islam (SIS)
- International Women's Rights Action Watch - Asia Pacific (IWRAW-AP)
- International Women's Rights Action Watch Asia Pacific is an international women's human rights organisation. Since 1993, tha organisation has worked to contribute to the progressive interpretation and realisation of the human rights of women through the lens of the UN Convention on the Elimination Against All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and other international human righ...
- Institute of Strategic and International Studies, Malaysia (ISIS)
- An autonomous and non-profit organisation, ISIS Malaysia is engaged in a wide range of activities focusing on objective and independent policy research and fostering dialogue and debate between the public sector, the private sector and academia. In general, its programmes are directed towards five central areas of national interest: Defence, Security and Foreig...
- Human rights in Malaysia
- Tropbio Group
- Promoting sustainable forests through modern technology
- Suhakam Human Rights Commission of Malaysia
- Human rights commission of Malaysia
- International Council on Management of Population Programmes, Malaysia (ICOMP)
- Resource on population programmes
- Asia Pacific Council of AIDS Service Organisations (APCASO)
- A network providing HIV/AIDS services within Asia and the Pacific
- World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA)
- A global network of organisations and individuals promote who support the right to breastfeeding. WABA acts on the Innocenti Declaration and works in liaison with UNICEF.
- Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia (UiTM)
- Technology college in Malaysia