Lesotho and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- How effectively do National Plans of Action address the needs of the youngest orphans and vulnerable children?
- P. Engle / Bernard van Leer Foundation, 2008
- Although it is recognised that the focus of support must be on all children made vulnerable by HIV and AIDS, including those living with sick parents or in extreme poverty, the youngest are often invisible to programme planners, despi...
- Harmonising child rights laws in Eastern and Southern Africa
- African Child Policy Forum, 2007
- This report reviews and analyses how far 19 Eastern and Southern African countries have gone in harmonising and implementing the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and the African Charter on the Righ...
- Harmonisation of national laws with Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC)-Country reviews
- African Child Policy Forum, 2007
- This is a regional examination of the extent of harmonisation of national laws relating to children under the umbrella of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC). This report reviews and analyses how far countries in Eastern a...
- The impact of emergencies on women and children
- United Nations Children's Fund, 2007
- This Humanitarian Action Report 2007 outlines UNICEFs appeal for children and women in 33 emergencies around the world. In each country it looks at critical issues for children, key actions and achievements in 2006 and planned h...
- How can cash transfers support vulnerable children in Eastern and Southern Africa?
- S. Devereux; J. Marshall; J. MacAskill; L. Pelham / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2005
- This study reviews unconditional cash transfers in 15 countries of east and southern Africa. It examines four programmes in more depth, in Ethiopia, Lesotho, Mozambique and Zambia, with an emphasis on design issues such as cost-effect...
- Legality and prevalence of corporate punishment in East and Southern Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children, 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in East and Southern Africa. The paper assesses the human rights standards in the region, with particular atten...
- Violence against children in Eastern and Southern Africa
- F. Zuberi / United Nations Children's Fund, 2005
- This study provides an extensive picture of violence against children in Eastern and Southern Africa, providing regional and country specific information on national legal and policy frameworks and enforcements. It focuses on violence...
- Does orphanhood affect child labour and school attendance in Africa?
- L. Guarcello; S. Lyon; F. Rosati; C.A. Valdivia / Understanding Children's Work, Innocenti Research Centre, 2004
- This paper looks at whether orphanhood is linked to child labour and school attendance. It presents the extent and nature of the orphanhood phenomenon, including orphan rates, distribution of orphans by category (i.e., maternal, pater...
- Children orphaned by AIDS: response to a growing global crisis
- United Nations Children's Fund, 2004
- This joint report from UNAIDS and UNICEF provides the latest data on the numbers of children who have been orphaned due to HIV/AIDS globally. It also gives an overview of the key strategies that have been developed for responding to t...
- Training manual for positive outcomes for HIV-related migration of children
- N Ansel; L. Young / Department of Geography and Earth Sciences, Brunel University, 2004
- This manual for community workers aims to help families and communities make informed decisions regarding childrens migration as a result of HIV/AIDS and to provide support. The purpose of the manual is to raise awareness of the...