Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Scaling up nutrition: Progress report from countries and their partners in the movement to Scale Up Nutrition (SUN)
- United Nations [UN] Standing Committee on Nutrition, 2011
- This draft report was prepared for the High Level Meeting on Nutrition at the UN General Assembly in September 2011 and the follow-up workshop for the Scale-Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement, which was designed to help nations where people ...
- REDD+, Indigenous peoples, The role of the state, NGOs and other actors, Monitoring, Implementation and tenure rights
- T. Okamoto; C. Hirsch; M. Aguilar-Støen / Centre for Development and the Environment, University of Oslo, Norway, 2012
- This brief summarises relevant findings regarding the emergence of the Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) scheme in Africa, Asia and Latin America. It draws evidence from several Masters...
- More availability and affordability is required in maternal and child health services in Laos
- C. Anuranga; J. Chandrasiri; R. Wickramasinghe / Asian Development Bank, 2012
- Limited progress has been made in the past decade in reducing the high levels of maternal and child deaths in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR). This paper highlights the fact that Laotian women and children are ina...
- The Lao economy: capitalizing on natural resource exports
- J. Menon; P. Warr / Asian Development Bank, 2013
- Trade and investment reforms in the Laos since the mid-1980s have boosted natural resource-based exports, underpinning recent economic growth. This paper examines how the Lao export-led growth can be channeled into directions that del...
- Investments in deep water: The pension fund’s holdings in destructive dam projects
- S. K. Hernes 2011
- Through the Government Pension Fund (hereby referred to as The Fund) income from the Norwegian oil activities is invested in foreign security. This report is divided into three parts. The first part deals with how The Fund is managed ...
- Health-financing reforms in seven south-east -Asian countries
- V. Tangcharoensathien; W. Patcharanarumol; P. Ir / The Lancet, 2011
- Health-financing reforms in seven south-east-Asian countries are reviewed in this study. Those countries have sought to reduce dependence on out-of-pocket payments, increase pooled health finance, and expand service, stepping towards ...
- The need for community-based home care for older people in South East Asia
- HelpAge International, 2011
- This paper outlines the growing need for community-based home care for older people in South East Asia. It explains the model of home care introduced by HelpAge Korea in collaboration with HelpAge International in the 10 countries of ...
- How pro-poor tourism has developed and some myths and misconceptions that have arisen around this term
- id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2006
- Pro-poor tourism should increase the benefits of the tourism industry for poor people. It is a term increasingly used by several development agencies, but what does it mean in practice? This issue of id21 insights, shows t...
- 'Communication for empowerment' for democratic governance and social accountability
- E. McCall (ed); B. Jallov / UNDP Oslo Governance Centre, 2010
- This paper highlights the importance of communication as a tool and a methodology that can make development strategies more effective, sustainable, and pro-poor and gender-sensitive. Communication has the power to change societi...
- Improving security and justice through security sector reform
- N. Bagayoko-Penone / Eldis Gateway to Development and Environment Information, 2010
- Since the late 1990s, security sector reform (SSR) has emerged as a principal activity for promoting peace and stability, and a priority for donors in post-conflict countries. This issue of insights explores the concept of SSR as a co...