Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- ‘¿Como te haces entender?’Gender and Gun Culture in Caribbean Context
- United Nations International Research and Training Institute for the Advancement of Women, 2010
- Although Latin America and the Caribbean have not seen interstate conflict for decades, the countries in the region cannot be said to be at peace given the high levels of gun violence. In spite of the magnitude of the problem, there i...
- An alternative to mercantilism: manufacturing extension services in Latin American and Caribbean countries
- S. Andes; S. Ezell; J. Leal 2013
- Within Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) economies, small-and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) dominate manufacturing, accounting for the vast majority, over 98 percent, of manufacturing firms and about one-third of manufacturing outp...
- Early childhood stunting is associated with poor psychological functioning in late adolescence and effects are reduced by psychosocial stimulation
- SP Walker; SM Chang; CA Powell / Journal of Nutrition, 2007
- Stunting is associated with deficits in cognition and school achievement from early childhood to late adolescence; however, there has been little investigation of emotional and behavioral outcomes. This study aims to determine whether...
- Getting smart and scaling up: responding to the impact of organized crime on governance in developing countries
- C. Kavanagh / Center on International Cooperation, New York University, 2013
- The development landscape is rapidly changing and new centres of economic dynamism are emerging. At the same time, organized criminal activity, including illicit trafficking and financial flows, is increasing in these same settings, o...
- China and south-south scoping assessment for adaptation, learning and development
- M., C. Simpson; M., J. Cole; M. Tyldesley / Adapting to Climate Change in China, 2013
- This report, produced by Adapting to Climate Change in China amongst others, identifies key opportunities and avenues for South-South learning and cooperation to address climate change, is a critical tool for international development...
- Direct access to the Adaptation Fund: lessons from accrediting NIEs in Jamaica and Senegal
- W. Bugler / Climate and Development Knowledge Network, 2012
- Developing countries can access climate finance directly from the international Adaptation Fund (AF), if their National Implementing Entities (NIEs) meet the high accreditation standards required. This Climate and Development Knowledg...
- Climate-change mitigation and adaptation in small island developing states: the case of rainwater harvesting in Jamaica
- Marilyn Waite / Sustainability: Science, Practice, & Policy, 2012
- This essay looks at climate change impacts on small island developing states (SIDS). It argues that climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies must be developed to cope with changes such as shifting precipitation patterns, in...
- ICTs for Education:Impact and lessons learned from IICD-supported activities
- International Institute for Communication and Development, 2007
- This impact study is part of a series of publications on the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in various sectors in developing countries. It describes the experiences, achievements and lessons learned of the Inter...
- Ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change in Caribbean small island developing states: integrating local and external knowledge
- J. Mercer / Many Strong Voices, 2012
- Caribbean small island developing states (SIDS) are vulnerable to climate change impacts including sea level rise, invasive species, ocean acidification, changes in rainfall patterns, increased temperatures and changing hazard regimes...
- Government of Jamaica: Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Policy
- The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Policy has been formulated through horizontal and vertical consultation; the analysis of primary and secondary data and resolution of core issues. The Policy rests in the main on the...
- Planning Institute of Jamaica, Jamaica (PIOJ)
- Initiating and coordinating the development of plans for the economic, financial, social and cultural development of Jamaica
- Caribbean Food and Nutrition Institute (CFNI)
- Regional institute researching nutritional problems in Caribbean countries
- Jamaica Sustainable Development Network, Jamaica (JSDNP)
- Information dissemination to support sustainable development in Jamaica
- Jamaica Gleaner
- Newspaper from Jamaica
- Statistical Institute of Jamaica (STATIN)
- National statistical office
- Caribbean Banana Exporters Association (CBEA)
- Association of Caribbean banana growers and exporters which campaigns to protect Caribbean exports to the European Union