Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Direct access to the Adaptation Fund: lessons from accrediting NIEs in Jamaica and Senegal
- W. Bugler / Climate and Development Knowledge Network, 2012
- Developing countries can access climate finance directly from the international Adaptation Fund (AF), if their National Implementing Entities (NIEs) meet the high accreditation standards required. This Climate and Development Knowledg...
- Climate-change mitigation and adaptation in small island developing states: the case of rainwater harvesting in Jamaica
- Marilyn Waite / Sustainability: Science, Practice, & Policy, 2012
- This essay looks at climate change impacts on small island developing states (SIDS). It argues that climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies must be developed to cope with changes such as shifting precipitation patterns, in...
- ICTs for Education:Impact and lessons learned from IICD-supported activities
- International Institute for Communication and Development, 2007
- This impact study is part of a series of publications on the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in various sectors in developing countries. It describes the experiences, achievements and lessons learned of the Inter...
- Ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change in Caribbean small island developing states: integrating local and external knowledge
- J. Mercer / Many Strong Voices, 2012
- Caribbean small island developing states (SIDS) are vulnerable to climate change impacts including sea level rise, invasive species, ocean acidification, changes in rainfall patterns, increased temperatures and changing hazard regimes...
- Government of Jamaica: Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Policy
- The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Policy has been formulated through horizontal and vertical consultation; the analysis of primary and secondary data and resolution of core issues. The Policy rests in the main on the...
- Caribbean countries can no longer afford to neglect agriculture
- T.O. Williams; R. Smith 2008
- The recent food price crisis has increased concerns about food security, reflecting the importance of food supplies in sustaining economic growth. This paper notes that the impacts on the agricultural sector of globalisation are contr...
- Was incorporating agriculture into an overall national industry policy a right strategy for Jamaica?
- R.H. Singh; L.B. Rankine; G. Seepersad / Caribbean Community Secretariat, 2005
- Although facing declining economic fortunes, the agricultural sector in Jamaica continues to play a pivotal role with respect to food security and rural livelihoods. This report provides an analytical review of the major policy provis...
- Enhancing the climate risk and adaptation fact base for the Caribbean ... preliminary results of the ECA study
- Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility, 2010
- The impacts of climate change in the form of phenomena such as sea level rise and intensified natural disasters weigh heavily on the developing economies of the Caribbean. The key to reducing the scope and severity of losses lies in p...
- Food insecurity in Jamaica and St Lucia - is it a matter of unhealthy dietary patterns?
- P. Karfakis; C.R. Løvendal; K.T. Jakobsen / Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2011
- The food systems and the nature of food security problems in the Caribbean countries are gradually changing. This paper explores two different aspects of food security, namely undernourishment and overweight in the two Caribbean Islan...
- Coral reef monitoring for climate change impacts: Jamaica 2001-2003
- M. Creary / Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre, 2006
- Jamaica's coral reefs have borne the brunt of the side effects of unplanned coastal development and poor land management in the interior of the island. Added to this now is the stress induced by the various aspects of climate change.&...
- Planning Institute of Jamaica, Jamaica (PIOJ)
- Initiating and coordinating the development of plans for the economic, financial, social and cultural development of Jamaica
- Caribbean Food and Nutrition Institute (CFNI)
- Regional institute researching nutritional problems in Caribbean countries
- Jamaica Sustainable Development Network, Jamaica (JSDNP)
- Information dissemination to support sustainable development in Jamaica
- Jamaica Gleaner
- Newspaper from Jamaica
- Statistical Institute of Jamaica (STATIN)
- National statistical office
- Caribbean Banana Exporters Association (CBEA)
- Association of Caribbean banana growers and exporters which campaigns to protect Caribbean exports to the European Union