Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Trade and exchange rates: effects of exchange rate misalignments on tariffs
- V. Thorstensen; E. Marçal; L. Ferraz 2013
- The genesis of the GATT and IMF in 1940s created a clear line between the GATT and IMF: one was to be responsible for trade liberalisation, and the other for exchange-rate. The current paper argues that this artificial construction cr...
- Governing extreme droughs: enabling community-based aaptation in Marathwada
- T. Vedeld; S.G. Salunke; P. Lanjekar / Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research, 2014
- Policy brief no. 4 from the Indo-Norwegian research collaboration on climate change adaptation: Extreme Risks, Vulnerabilities and Community-Based Adptation in India (EVA): a pilot study.
- Participatory assessment of adaptation options: climate chenge and extreme drought in Marathwada
- U. Kelkar; D. Mohan; K de Bruin / Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research, 2014
- Policy brief no. 3 from the Indo-Norwegian research collaboration on climate change adaptation: Extreme Risks, Vulnerabilities and Community-Based Adptation in India (EVA): a pilot study.
- Community-based adaptation and differential vulnerability
- G. Aandahl; U. Kelkar 2014
- Policy brief no. 2 from the Indo-Norwegian research collaboration on climate change adaptation: Extreme Risks, Vulnerabilities and Community-Based Adptation in India (EVA): a pilot study.
- Water resources, agriculture, and drought. Understanding the context of drought in Marathwada
- L. Barkved; S. Ghosh / Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research, 2014
- Policy brief no. 1 from the Indo-Norwegian research collaboration on climate change adaptation: Extreme Risks, Vulnerabilities and Community-Based Adptation in India (EVA): a pilot study.
- Geneva consensus for trade multilateralism: a relook at the eighth Millennium Development Goal – Global Partnership for Development
- P.S. Mehta; B. Chatterjee; R.S. Kaukab 2013
- Trade multilateralism is in crisis. The current paper reveals that part of the reason for this crisis is lack of recognition that the center of gravity of economic activities are shifting towards the east. On the other hand, th...
- Environmental sustainability challenges in cotton value chain: how is India responding to these challenges?
- P.C. Jena 2013
- Promotion of environmentally-sustainable cotton has emerged as a major policy concern globally. This paper sheds light on the role of Indian government policy to ensure delivery of better and sustainable cotton production and consumpt...
- Ensuring access to rare earths: are WTO disciplines on export restrictions enough?
- V. Johnson 2013
- Global supply of rare earths (REs) has been inhibited by China’s policies which prohibit/limit exports, which have been purportedly undertaken with salutary objectives like mineral conservation and public health. This paper cons...
- Climate change, food security and trade linkages in South Asia
- R.K. Jha; N.K. Singh 2013
- This briefing paper examines the linkages between climate change, food security and trade in South Asia. The paper clarifies that the South Asian region is particularly vulnerable to climate change owing to overly utilisation o...
- Opportunities and challenges in rice seeds trade between India and Bangladesh
- N. Jain 2013
- This paper focuses on understanding the potential benefits which rice seeds trade between India and Bangladesh can bring in order to address challenges of availability and accessibility of quality rice seeds by increasing the supply i...
- National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM)
- The Ministry of Home Affairs for the Government of India
- Development Support Center (DSC)
- Development Support Center (DSC) is an Indian resource organisation that provides knowledge based support to Non-Government Organisations (NGOs), government agencies and other stakeholders in the field of natural resource management.
- Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA)
- Think Tank aiming to promote India's relations with other countries through study, research, discussions, lectures, exchange of ideas and information with other organisations within and outside India engaged in similar activities.
- National Campaign on Dalit Human Rights ((NCDHR))
- National Campaign on Dalit Human Rights is a forum committed to the elimination of discrimination based on caste.
- Ministry of Power
- The Ministry of Power started functioning independently with effect from 2nd July, 1992. Earlier it was known as the Ministry of Energy sources. The Ministry of Power is primarily responsible for the development of electrical energy in the country. The Ministry is concerned with perspective planning, policy formulation, processing of projects for investment decision, monitoring of the implementati...
- Current World Environment
- Current World Environment an international, open access, peer reviewed research journal is published tri-annually in April, August and December with sole aim of rapid dissemination of scientific knowledge among scientists, technocrats, planner and elite citizens for a better life supporting system and to promote the cause for environment and sustainable responses to climate change.
- Knowledge x-change on Sustainable Development (KxSD)
- As sustainable development has wide implications, it is important to draw lessons from the vast amount of available information in understanding and capturing ground realities in the various issues related to the sector. Exchange of ideas and knowledge would help identify and understand knowledge gaps in various areas in order to effectively achieve the intended goals of sustainability....
- World Wildlife Fund, India (WWF-India)
- Established as a Charitable Trust on November 27, 1969, WWF India has experience of over four decades in the field. From a modest beginning, the organisation was propelled forward by the efforts of its founders and associates who volunteered their time and energy to lend momentum to this movement. A part of WWF International, the organisation has made its presence felt through a sustained effort n...
- Indian Streams Research Journal (ISRJ)
- A multidisciplinary research journal, published monthly in English, Hindi and Marathi.
- Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR)
- Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR) helps rural people in India to alleviate poverty through participatory watershed development and management.