Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Gender Responsive Budgeting and Aid Effectiveness Knowledge Briefs
- United Nations Development Fund for Women, 2010
- This series investigated how gender responsive budgeting (GRB) tools and strategies had been used in the context of aid modalities, such as general budget support (GBS) and sector budget support (SBS). Research was carried out in ten ...
- Integrating gender responsive budgeting into the aid effectiveness agenda reports
- D. Budlender / UN Women, 2009
- These research reports (one composite report and ten country reports) have been generated as part of the UNIFEM programme, 'Integrating gender responsive budgeting into the aid effectiveness agenda'. The three-year programme...
- Guideline for gender sensitive budgeting on girls education in Ethiopia
- Development partners, including UNICEF, have been supporting the Ethiopian Government so that the country could achieve universal access to education by 2015. The current support is focused on mobilising leadership committed to girls'...
- Levelling the field: improving opportunities for women farmers in Africa
- World Bank, 2014
- While agriculture across sub-Saharan Africa forms the backbone of many nations' economies, women are largely locked out of land ownership, access to credit and productive farm inputs, as well as support from extension services. This r...
- End market analysis for meat / live animals, leather and leather products, dairy products value chains: expanding livestock markets for the small-holder producers
- Agricultural Growth Program, 2013
- Ethiopians have been engaged in livestock production and trade for centuries and much of the business of livestock production is not that much different today than what it has been over the years. Yet in a hyper-competitive global eco...
- Nutrition sensitive agriculture tool (Nutri - SAT): Ethiopian pilot study
- Agricultural Growth Program, 2013
- Previous strategies to improve nutrition within agriculture programmes have been driven primarily by the nutrition sector. To achieve positive nutrition outcomes within an agriculture project, nutritionists analyse localised macronutr...
- Strengthening Community and Health Systems for Quality PMTCT: Applications in Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, and Ethiopia
- Pathfinder International, 2013
- Globally, there are an estimated 34 million people living with HIV, the vast majority of whom live in sub-Saharan Africa. There are increasing efforts to reverse the trend, with emphasis placed on creating a generation in which no chi...
- Adapting to climate change through land and water management in Eastern Africa: Results of pilot projects in Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2014
- This publication presents the results of the ‘strengthening capacity for climate change adaptation in land and water management’ project and focuses its activities in Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania. It aims to increase in re...
- Success factors for women's and children's health: Policy and programme highlights from 10 fast-track cuontries
- The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, 2014
- There have been substantial achievements towards MDGs 4 and 5 (to reduce child mortality and improve maternal health) from 1990 (the baseline for the MDGs) to 2014. Despite this, every year 6.6 million children&nbs...
- What are the Factors Enabling and Constraining Effective Leaders in Nutrition? A Four Country Study
- N. Nisbett; E. Wach; L. Haddad; S. El Arifeen / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2014
- Leadership has been identified as a key factor in supporting action on nutrition in countries experiencing a high burden of childhood undernutrition. This study of individuals identified as influential within nutrition in Bangladesh, ...
- The African Child Policy Forum (ACPF)
- Science, Technology and Arts Research Journal (STAR)
- STAR Journal is an open-access journal which publishes research related to the fields of Science, Technology and Arts.
- Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM)
- The Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM) is based in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia. Its aim is to publish original research out put in the area of Geography, Ecology, Botany, Conservation studies, Water Resources, Urban Studies, Environmental Design and Management and other allied disciplines. It is devoted to dis...
- African Centre for Humanitarian Action - Africa Humanitarian Action (ACHA)
- ACHA aims to unite and strengthen African CSOs by facilitating stronger partnerships through increased learning and improved advocacy. It aims to build on existing knowledge and expertise in order to achieve greater impact for vulnerable communities. In doing so, ACHA enables CSOs to enhance their participation in the humanitarian community
- Pastoralist Communication Initiative
- Promoting new knowledge and innovation in pastoralism
- African Child Policy Forum
- African Child Policy Forum
- Development Policy Management Forum, Ethiopia (DPMF)
- DPMF is a regional civil-society organisation that aims at consolidating and institutionalising democratic governance in Africa. The forum conducts research, training and advocacy with a focus on enhancing the capacity of policy makers and civil-society in African countries. Areas of focus include: civil service and democratic governance conflict and peace-building regional integrat...
- Ethiopian Civil Service College (ECSC)
- ECSC was established in 1995 to cater for the training needs of the Ethiopian civil service system, to conduct research and to provide consultancy services. The college has three faculties: the faculty of law the faculty of urban development studies the faculty of business and economics As well as offering short term and undergraduate courses, the faculty of business and econom...
- Ethiopian Journal of Health Development
- The Ethiopian Journal of Health Development has been in print since 1984 and has been the main forum for exchange of information in the public health arena in Ethiopia. Currently the Journal is freely available online.
- Institute of Development Research, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia (IDR)
- Ethiopian socio-economic research institute