Eritrea and Conflict and security
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS conflict collection
- Search for the latest conflict-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Climate change, vulnerability and human mobility: perspectives of refugees from the east and Horn of Africa
- T. Afifi / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security, 2012
- This study aims to understand the extent to which refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) have perceived, experienced and responded to climatic variability and long-term negative climatic change in the east and Horn of Africa...
- Looking at the needs of refugees and other displaced people and the lessons learned
- id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2002
- Over the past 50 years, forced displacement has been a major obstacle to development and the fight against poverty. Despite the efforts of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and others to find ‘durable sol...
- Establishing long-term peace in Ethiopia and Eritrea
- L. Lata (ed) / Institute for Applied International Studies, Norway, 2007
- This document reflects the discussion and outcomes of the scholarly conference on the Ethiopia-Eritrea Conflict held in Oslo in July, 2006. The conference aimed to achieve the following objectives: putting together an ...
- East Africa: religious wars, wars of religion or neither?
- B. Møller / Danish Institute for International Studies, 2006
- Religion appears to be motivating a growing number of people to participate in armed conflict. This paper examines the assumption that violence in East Africa is related to religion. It provides an overview of the history of religion ...
- How does conflict affect food security in Ethiopia and Eritrea?
- Philip White / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2006
- During the past 40 years, Ethiopia and Eritrea have experienced long periods of famine and food insecurity. Many researchers identify different environmental, social or economic explanations for this. However, the contribution of the ...
- Assessing the regional implications of the Ethiopia-Eritrea war
- F. Arab / Institute of Strategic Studies, Islamabad, Pakistan, 2004
- The protracted conflict between Ethiopia and Eritrea over the disputed village of Badme has considerably changed the geopolitical framework of the Horn of Africa in the last few years. The conflict has polarised the precarious politic...
- Water, livelihoods and resettlement of displaced people: lessons from Eritrea
- Gaim Kibreab; Alan Nicol / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2003
- In the past decade, the Gash-Barka region in Eritreas western lowlands on the borders of Sudan and Ethiopia has become a site of resettlement for refugees returning from Sudan and those displaced by border clashes with Ethiopia....
- Gender-based violence in populations affected by armed conflict
- B. Vann / Reproductive Health for Refugees Consortium, 2002
- This book is a compendium of key lessons learned during the author's five years working with gender-based violence (GBV) programs in 12 countries, in particular Angola, Eritrea, Guinea, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Thailand and Zambia. ...
- Prospects for democratization after the Eritrea-Ethiopia conflict
- G. Hansson / World Institute for Development Economics Research (WIDER), 2001
- With the Derg's overthrow in 1991, Eritrea embarked on the construction of a new state. New economic institutions were created, and considerable reform undertaken. Problems in co-ordinating reform and reconstruction were largely avoid...
- Resettlement in Eritrea
- G. Kibreab / World Institute for Development Economics Research (WIDER), 2001
- Paper focuses on the resettlement of people displaced by Eritrea's 30 year liberation war. However, Eritrea's 1998-2000 war with Ethiopia poses new reconstruction problems which are only now emerging. Since large-scale programmes of p...