Eritrea and HIV
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
Documents from the Hinari service are available online and are either free of charge or available at reduced rates to registered users in developing countries How to access the full text of articles
- A policy guide to ending girl child marriage
- International Center for Research on Women, USA, 2007
- Girls who marry as children (younger than 18 years of age) are often more susceptible to the health risks associated with early sexual initiation and childbearing, including HIV and obstetric fistula. Lacking status and power, these g...
- How-to kit on strengthening local government reponses to HIV/AIDS
- World Bank, 2003
- This handbook is written for local government authorities (LGA) that are interested in developing or strengthening local responses to HIV/AIDS. It provides information, examples and illustrative tools that guide users through the step...
- How the armed forces in Eritrea have joined the fight against HIV/AIDS
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, 2003
- This paper is part of a series entitled Engaging uniformed services in the fight against AIDS. It examines the case study of Eritrea to demonstrate the individual and combined efforts of the Eritrean Defence Force (EDF) an...
- The importance of integrating the HIV/AIDS dimension in African universities: teaching, collaboration and research
- A.M. Ennals; E.C. Rauan / Noragric, Department of International Environment and Development Studies, Norwegian University of L, 2002
- The report looks into the status, impact and preventive actions taken by some of the partner universities and colleges in Africa of Agricultural University of Norway (NLH) against the spread of HIV/AIDS. Countries included in the stud...
- HIV and medical patents in Africa
- World Intellectual Property Organization, 2000
- This paper reviews the TRIPS patent and, in particular, those provisions relevant to the issue of pharmaceuticals and the patent situation in sub-Saharan Africa with regard to the protection of anti-retroviral HIV/AIDS drugs. Patent o...