Eritrea and Governance
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS governance collection
Search for the latest governance-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Reforming Africa's power sector
- UN Economic Commission for Africa, 2007
- This study assesses the sustainability of power sector in Africa by examining the socio-economic and environmental impacts of power sector reforms in 14 countries in the region. It uses the results of the assessment to determine the e...
- Survey of democratic governance-2007
- Freedom House, 2007
- ‘Countries at the Crossroads’ is an annual survey of democratic governance in 30 strategically important countries worldwide, brought out by Freedom House. This year’s survey covers Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Bhuta...
- ‘Culture’ still impedes women’s rights across Africa
- Manisuli Ssenyonjo / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2007
- Every African state has signed at least one international treaty providing for the human rights of women. But women often experience discrimination because of their sex. Practices such as genital mutilation, forced marriage and polyga...
- International NGOs get serious about participatory evaluation
- Esther Mebrahtu / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2005
- As development thinking shifts from beneficiary to citizen participation and from participation as a means to participation as a right, are international non-governmental organisations (...
- Learning lessons from peace processes and conflict resolution
- J. G. N. Yoh / Institute for Security Studies, South Africa, 2003
- Conflict resolution processes must meet certain prerequisites and conditions. Unless the warring parties or the mediators meet, it will be difficult to find lasting and just solutions to the conflicts in the Horn (Djibouti, Eritrea an...
- Assessing the regional implications of the Ethiopia-Eritrea war
- F. Arab / Institute of Strategic Studies, Islamabad, Pakistan, 2004
- The protracted conflict between Ethiopia and Eritrea over the disputed village of Badme has considerably changed the geopolitical framework of the Horn of Africa in the last few years. The conflict has polarised the precarious politic...
- How-to kit on strengthening local government reponses to HIV/AIDS
- World Bank, 2003
- This handbook is written for local government authorities (LGA) that are interested in developing or strengthening local responses to HIV/AIDS. It provides information, examples and illustrative tools that guide users through the step...
- Resettlement in Eritrea
- G. Kibreab / World Institute for Development Economics Research (WIDER), 2001
- Paper focuses on the resettlement of people displaced by Eritrea's 30 year liberation war. However, Eritrea's 1998-2000 war with Ethiopia poses new reconstruction problems which are only now emerging. Since large-scale programmes of p...
- UNDP interventions in support of the reintegration of war-affected populations
- United Nations Development Programme, 2000
- The paper reports on the UNDP undertaking of a strategic evaluation to take stock of its experience in complex emergency situations and extract insights to improve the organizations capacity to respond. The terms of reference fo...
- World Data on Education [country profiles]
- International Bureau of Education, UNESCO, 1998
- Country level educational sector profiles (144 in June 2000). Overview describing structure of sector and nationals policies Includes statistcal indicators. Available on WWW and on (free) CDROM.