Eritrea and Gender
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
Search BRIDGE's database of gender-focused material
- The BLDS gender collection
Search for the latest gender-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- How critical are access and mobility issues for achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by 2015?
- id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2006
- What do poor rural farmers do when the rainy season cuts off their access to markets? What do women in labour do when the nearest health clinic is 30 kilometres away and transport is virtually non-existent? How can girls attend school...
- A policy guide to ending girl child marriage
- International Center for Research on Women, USA, 2007
- Girls who marry as children (younger than 18 years of age) are often more susceptible to the health risks associated with early sexual initiation and childbearing, including HIV and obstetric fistula. Lacking status and power, these g...
- ‘Culture’ still impedes women’s rights across Africa
- Manisuli Ssenyonjo / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2007
- Every African state has signed at least one international treaty providing for the human rights of women. But women often experience discrimination because of their sex. Practices such as genital mutilation, forced marriage and polyga...
- The impact of emergencies on women and children
- United Nations Children's Fund, 2007
- This Humanitarian Action Report 2007 outlines UNICEFs appeal for children and women in 33 emergencies around the world. In each country it looks at critical issues for children, key actions and achievements in 2006 and planned h...
- Collection of papers on literacy in celebration of International Literacy Day 2003
- Education Sector, UNESCO, 2003
- As a part of International Literacy Day 2003, a UNESCO round table on the theme of understanding what literacy as freedom means to people in different contexts, yet linked by the forces of globalisation and change. This document is a ...
- Greater attention to gender issues can improve peacekeeping missions
- L. Olsson; I. Skjelsbaek; E. Fredrikke Barth; K. Hostens / International Peace Research Institute, Oslo, 2004
- This report studies the gender aspects of international conflict interventions and how these can positively or negatively impact on the success of missions. Prepared for the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it focuses on three c...
- How-to kit on strengthening local government reponses to HIV/AIDS
- World Bank, 2003
- This handbook is written for local government authorities (LGA) that are interested in developing or strengthening local responses to HIV/AIDS. It provides information, examples and illustrative tools that guide users through the step...
- Gender-based violence in populations affected by armed conflict
- B. Vann / Reproductive Health for Refugees Consortium, 2002
- This book is a compendium of key lessons learned during the author's five years working with gender-based violence (GBV) programs in 12 countries, in particular Angola, Eritrea, Guinea, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Thailand and Zambia. ...