Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- A vectorial capacity product to monitor changing malaria transmission potential in epidemic regions of Africa
- P. Ceccato / International Research Institute for Climate and Society, 2012
- Malaria is a major public health threat to the African continent. Rainfall and temperature are two of the major factors triggering malaria epidemics in warm semi-arid and high altitude epidemic risk areas. The ability of the mosquitoe...
- Pastoralism in the Horn of Africa: Diverse livelihood pathways
- K. Wellard-Dyer / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2012
- CAADP Policy Brief 06 by Kate Wellard-Dyer Pastoralists in the Horn of Africa have struggled for centuries with drought, conflict and famine. They are resourceful, innovative and entrepreneurial peoples, by necessi...
- Innovation works:pastoralists building secure livelihoods in the Horn of Africa
- A. Nunow / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2011
- Pastoralist areas of the Horn of Africa are experiencing rapid change. Markets are opening up, helping to improve livelihoods and generate substantial new wealth for local and national economies. Political and constitutional changes a...
- Climate change, vulnerability and human mobility: perspectives of refugees from the east and Horn of Africa
- T. Afifi / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security, 2012
- This study aims to understand the extent to which refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) have perceived, experienced and responded to climatic variability and long-term negative climatic change in the east and Horn of Africa...
- Analysis of potential criteria for the allocation of international funding for adaptation to climate change
- M. Stadelmann (ed); A. Persson (ed); I. Ratajczak-Juszko (ed) / Center for Comparative and International Studies, 2012
- This paper analyses the potential criteria to allocate international funding for adaptation to climate change as a response to the prioritisation of project proposals given scarce funding. It is based on a review of the equity and cos...
- Strategies for adapting to climate change in rural sub-Saharan Africa
- M. Jonathan / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2010
- Adaptation strategies must target those populations most vulnerable to global change and equip those unable to adapt—generally the poorest—with the tools and incentives that will enable them to do so. This report profiles ...
- Looking at the needs of refugees and other displaced people and the lessons learned
- id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2002
- Over the past 50 years, forced displacement has been a major obstacle to development and the fight against poverty. Despite the efforts of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and others to find ‘durable sol...
- How critical are access and mobility issues for achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by 2015?
- id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2006
- What do poor rural farmers do when the rainy season cuts off their access to markets? What do women in labour do when the nearest health clinic is 30 kilometres away and transport is virtually non-existent? How can girls attend school...
- Studying Sansevieria in Eritrea
- G. Medhanie / Nile Basin Research Programme, University of Bergen, 2009
- This brief paper discusses the local distribution and status of four species recorded in the flora of Eritrea. The author indicates that three of them were recorded in 1997, while the fourth is still unknown. All three species are use...
- The possibility of developing integrated programmes around water supply and food security in Eritrea
- B. Aasen; S. Hailemariam / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2009
- This report reviews the actions taken by the office of Norwegian Church Aid in Eritrea (NCA-E), its organisation and activities during the period 2005-2008. The background for this report is the Strategic Partnership Agreement (SPA) t...