Ecuador and Agriculture and food
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS agriculture collection
Search for the latest agriculture-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Situational analysis of food sovereignty in the context of adaptation to climate change in Ecuador
- C. Rosero / United Nations Development Programme, 2010
- The document seeks to identify effective investment strategies in reducing the vulnerability of major crops for the Ecuadorian economy, the same as are set in the Basic Food Basket, so that the country can, on one hand, reduce risks and, on...
- The Millennium Development Goals: A Latin American and Caribbean Perspective
- H. Guzman; E. Espindola; R. Bajraj / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, 2005
- This paper looks at the differences across countries in Latin American and Caribbean region in terms of their chances of attaining the Goals and, wherever possible, the differences between trends in various segments of the population (class...
- Promoting Latin American agro-economics
- A. Rodríguez; M. Rodrigues; S. Salcedo / Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture, 2010
- After the revival from the economic crisis of 2008-2009, the fundamental challenge facing Latin America and the Caribbean is how to consolidate the recovery with medium- and long-term economic development. In this respect, this report belie...
- Sustainable livelihoods, migration and development in Ecuador
- A. Gallina / Federico Caffe Center, Dept. of Social Sciences, Roskilde University, 2007
- How can policy makers best support people’s livelihoods in the context of migration? What policies can enhance social protection in the context of transnational networks? How can policy makers link migration and development to both re...
- Ecosystems services and poverty in the Amazon and Eastern Andes
- R. Porro; J. Börner; A. Jarvis / Andes/Amazon Ecosystem Services and Poverty Alleviation (ESPA) program, 2008
- This report presents the results of a situation analysis of ecosystem services and poverty in the Amazon and Eastern Andes, carried out between September 2007 and March 2008. It intends to provide guidance to the Ecosystem Services and...
- How collective action has helped Andean potato farmers increase their incomes
- A. Devaux; C. Velasco; G. López; T. Bernet / CGIAR System-wide Program on Property Rights and Collective Action, 2007
- The Andean highlands are home to some of the poorest rural households in South America. Native potato varieties and local knowledge for their cultivation and use are unique resources possessed by farmers in these areas. This paper reports o...
- How to link small-scale farmers to markets
- Agricultural Support Systems Division, FAO, 2006
- This website/page presents a selection of brief case studies of ways in which small-scale farmers in developing countries have linked with markets, through their own efforts and with assistance from others. Not all can be considered success...
- EU sugar/banana markets: a menu of options
- I. Gillson; S. Page; A. Hewitt / Overseas Development Institute, 2005
- Preferential access under the EU’s Sugar and Banana Protocols has supported large income transfers to a number of ACP countries. These transfers will be reduced under proposed reforms to the EU’s sugar and banana markets which are due to ta...
- Situation analysis of girl child labour in agriculture, domestic work and sexual exploitation
- International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour, 2004
- This study analyses the situation of girl child labour in three areas: agriculture, domestic work and sexual exploitation. Through a series of Rapid Assessments in the Philippines, Ghana and Ecuador, the study presents the following:assessm...
- Comparative analysis of girl child labour in agriculture, domestic work and sexual exploitation
- U. Murray / International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour, 2004
- This study is a comparative analysis of gender sensitive assessments undertaken in the Ghana, Ecuador and the Philippines focusing on agriculture, domestic labour and prostitution. It analyses underlying factors of gender disparities in chi...