Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Landscape Analysis: Assessing Countries'Readiness to Scale up Nutrition Actions in the WHO African Region
- This paper assessed strengths and weaknesses in combating malnutrition in nine Sub-Saharan Africa nations with high stunting burden (Burkina-Faso, Comoros, CotedIvoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique and South Afr...
- Promoting cleaner and efficient use of energy by enhancing the use of renewable energy for industrial applications
- United Nations [UN] Industrial Development Organization, 2010
- Renewable energy has become a viable option for enhancing access to energy at most places through on/off grid electrification, both in urban and rural areas, and promoting productive uses and industrial applications in energy intensiv...
- Exploring the potential for low-carbon energy projects for development in Sub-Saharan Africa
- C. Gouvello (ed); F. Dayo (ed); M. Thioye (ed) / World Bank, 2008
- Sub-Saharan Africa has an opportunity of choosing a cleaner development pathway via low-carbon energy alternatives that can reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. African countries stand to benefit from financial instruments like the ...
- Ensuring human security can lead to better opportunities for human development in the Arab world
- M. El-Sayyid; M. Al-Rasheed; S. Benjelloun; Et al / Human Development Report Office, UNDP, 2009
- This report examines human development in the Arab world through a human security lens, calling on policymakers and other stakeholders to move away from a state-centric conception of security to one which also concentrates on the secu...
- Harmonising child rights laws in Eastern and Southern Africa
- African Child Policy Forum, 2007
- This report reviews and analyses how far 19 Eastern and Southern African countries have gone in harmonising and implementing the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and the African Charter on the Righ...
- How can fisheries access agreements promote sustainable livelihoods?
- J. Mbendo; A. Ngusaru / WWF-World Wide Fund For Nature, 2005
- The document reports on a fisheries access agreements workshop that was conducted in June 2005 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. This workshop was the fourth in a series designed to promote sustainable access agreements and regional collabo...
- Policies to address food security in small island economies in the Caribbean and the Pacific
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2005
- This paper presented to a special FAO ministerial session in 2005 outlines policies for food security in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) based around three main criteria: food availability depends on domest...
- What will be the future of remittances to Comoros with the third generation of Comorian Diaspora?
- V. da Cruz; W. Fengler; A. Schwartzman / World Bank, 2004
- In Africa, Comoros ranks second, after Eritrea, in terms of its dependence on remittances. This study is a first attempt to analyse the magnitude, economic impact, seasonal variation and regional distribution of remittance flows to Co...
- Legality and prevalence of corporate punishment in East and Southern Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children, 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in East and Southern Africa. The paper assesses the human rights standards in the region, with particular atten...
- Violence against children in Eastern and Southern Africa
- F. Zuberi / United Nations Children's Fund, 2005
- This study provides an extensive picture of violence against children in Eastern and Southern Africa, providing regional and country specific information on national legal and policy frameworks and enforcements. It focuses on violence...