Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Fighting corruption by improving transparency and access to information
- Evidence and Lessons from Latin America, 2013
- Using Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), in the last decades countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and Paraguay have designed and created electronic platforms that make information about...
- Managing conflict through translation: Latin America's experience
- G. Damonte / Evidence and Lessons from Latin America, 2012
- Experience from Latin America shows how community consultation can be an important strategy used to manage conflict in Extractive Industries activities. This Brief characterises and analyses the different types of local consultation s...
- ICT in education policy and practice in Chile: Does it correlate?
- J. E. Hinostroza 2010
- This paper presents the main results of Chile in the SITES2006 study regarding the presence of traditional and innovative pedagogical practices with and without ICT in schools, and analyses to what extent factors affecting the impleme...
- Strengthening capacities for climate change adaptation in mountain ecosystems: the Latin American response
- Evidence and Lessons from Latin America, 2013
- In Latin Americas mountain ranges in Central America and the Andes, strategies to build capacities for climate change adaptation have generally been participative in nature and have aimed at improving natural resource conservati...
- A Monitoring and Evaluation Scheme for an ICT-Supported Education Program in Schools
- P. Rodríguez 2010
- In this paper authors present a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) scheme for a specific ICT4E program that supports teaching and learning using mobile computer supported collaborative learning (MCSCL). Using the information provided...
- Capturing Technology for Development
- The World Bank The World Bank 2011
- This study recommended adjustments to the scope of the Fund and a tendering process for private operators, which have led to a series of projects that have significantly increased Internet access in rural Chile. It is expected that by...
- Impacts of megacities on air pollution and climate
- T. Zhu / World Meteorological Organization, 2012
- Over half of the worlds population resides in urban areas and this number is projected to nearly double by 2050. This report provides an initial assessment of available information on air pollution and climate impacts in megacit...
- Low carbon development and poverty: exploring poverty alleviating mitigation action in developing countries
- H. Wlokas / Energy Research Centre, 2012
- Climate change and poverty mostly fall into the adaptation category in the current research literature and relevant policy making due to the assumption that poor countries produce only low carbon emissions. However, this paper argues ...
- From social safety net to social policy? The role of conditional Cash transfers in welfare state Development in Latin America
- F Bastagli / International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth, 2009
- Since the early 1990s, conditional cash transfers (CCTs) have been adopted by countries across Latin America as central elements of their poverty reduction strategies. CCTs share three components in common: a cash transfer, a targetin...
- Men Who Care: A multi country qualitative study of men in non traditional care giving roles
- G Barker; M Greene; M Nascimento / International Center for Research on Women, USA, 2012
- What hinders men's involvement in care work? What encourages it? Who are the men who are doing more than the average and are taking on care work as a key part of their lives? How do men understand and describe their participation in a...
- La Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales (FLACSO) (FLASCO)
- Latinobarómetro Corporation
- Chile-based organisers of an annual public opinion survey in Latin America
- Research and Resources for Sustainable Development (RIDES)
- Independent research centre based in Chile promoting sustainable development
- Comisión Nacional de Investigación Científica y Tecnológica (CONICYT)
- Instancia de cooperación y coordinación interdisciplinaria de diversos sectores y organismos públicos y privados de Chile vinculados con la ciencia y la tecnología. Sus principales áreas de trabajo estan vinculados a la definición de políticas de ciencia y la tecnología, el fomento de la investigación con un fondo dirigido a estudios de género, apoyar a la formación de recursos humanos, promover l...
- Libertad y Desarrollo, Chile (LyD)
- Research center focused on the analysis of the Chilean public policies
- Universidad Adolfo Ibañez, Chile
- Teaching and research university
- Centro de Estudios Ambientales, Universidad Austral de Chile (UACh)
- Chilean centre for environmental research, teaching and diffusion
- Centro de Estudios Agrarios y Ambientales, Chile (CEA)
- Centre for agrarian and environmental research and action
- Instituto de Ciencia Política, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (ICP)
- Research and training institute for political science
- Programa de Gestion y Economia Ambiental, Chile (PROGEA)
- Environmental Economics and Management research organisation based in the University of Chile