Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Developing financeable NAMAs: a practitioner’s guide
- D. Sawyer / International Institute for Sustainable Development, 2013
- Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) are fast becoming the climate finance vehicle of choice to help developing countries transition to low carbon, climate resilient futures. Developing countries, their development partne...
- Alleviating climate change impacts in rural Bangladesh through efficient agricultural interventions
- RiceClima, 2013
- Rice is the staple food in Bangladesh and crucial for the food security in the country. The alluvial soil deposits, through an extensive river network across Bangladesh, have contributed to a fertile land with high rice productivity p...
- Adaptation or development? Exploring the distinctions (or lack thereof) through case studies in Bangladesh and Vietnam
- Asia Pacific Adaptation Network, 2013
- Using Bangladesh and Vietnam as adaptation project-dense contexts, this study explores how adaptation is understood, mainly by practitioners in development projects, but also by government staff, donors, researchers and ot...
- Fatal fashion: Analysis of recent factory fires in Pakistan and Bangladesh: a call to protect and respect garment workers’ lives
- Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations, 2013
- The garment industry in both Bangladesh and Pakistan is recognised for paying low wages, demanding and unsafe working conditions, and the repression of unions. Workers are not organised and therefore not in the position to monitor or ...
- Impacts of climatic hazards on the small wetland ecosystems (ponds): evidence from some selected areas of coastal Bangladesh
- G. Rabbani / Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute, 2013
- Most climate related hazards in Bangladesh are linked to water. The poor communities living in remote villages along Bangladeshs coastal zone are most vulnerable to climate change impacts and depend on small isolated wetlands (p...
- Social change through the info lady experience
- This paper looks at the formation of groups and sustainability through an innovative model of ICT-based rural women's entrepeneurship in Bangladesh, known as the Info Lady Model. It looks at the selection and training of these Info La...
- Report on democratic decentralisation policy proposal handover ceremony by Governance Advocacy Forum (GAF)
- The report contains an event description of the platform Governance Advocacy Forum (GAF), established in 2007 aiming to promote democratic decentralisation and local self government through campaign and policy advocacy in Bangladesh. ...
- The Hunger And Nutrition Commitment Index (HANCI 2012)
- D. Te Lintelo; L. Haddad; R. Lakshman / Hunger and Nutrition Commitment Index, 2013
- The 2012 HANCI report finds that low income countries like Malawi and Madagascar and lower middle income Guatemala, are leading the charge against hunger and undernutrition, whilst economic powerhouses such as India and Nigeria are fa...
- Water Scarcity in Bangladesh. Transboundary Rivers, Conflict and Cooperation
- A. Kolas 2013
- It is often assumed that transboundary water systems are potential sources of conflict that can exacerbate political, social, and economic tensions and cause disputes concerning the distribution, use and management of water. While som...
- Effects of family breakup on children: a study in Khulna city
- S Aktar / Bangladesh e-Journal of Sociology, 2013
- When a family breaks up, it is usually difficult for everyone in the family to cope with the situation; however, children are often the worst victims of family breakup. There are powerful reasons to be alarmed about the impacts of fam...
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research (BJAR)
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research is a quarterly journal highlighting original contributions on all disciplines of agricultural research conducted in any part of the globe. The journal is open access.
- Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP)
- The Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP) works with extreme poor households living on island chars in north western Bangladesh, and aims to improve the livelihoods of over one million people. The CLP is jointly funded by UKaid through the Department for International Development and the Australian Government (AusAID), sponsored by the Rural Development and Co-operatives Division of the Government of...
- Center for Participatory Research and Development (CPRD)
- Center for Participatory Research and Development is an independent, non-profit policy, research and implementation institute.
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI)
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute is a non-profit, non-political research centre. Established in October 2000, the Institute has established for itself a reputation for excellence in its research and advocacy work focusing on the growth of private enterprise in Bangladesh. The Institute promotes issues of importance to the private sector and seeks to initiate essential measures and influence policy...
- Institute of Informatics and Development (IID)
- Bangladesh-based policy think tank
- Intercooperation Bangladesh
- Intercooperation is a Swiss not-for-profit organisation which supports partner organisations in more than twenty developing and transition countries including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Pakistan. Intercooperation Bangladesh's mandate covers natural resource management, local governance and market development. It concentrates its activities in the Rajshahi Division a...
- UNICEF Bangladesh
- The UNICEF Bangladesh country office work in partnership with government ministries, non-government organisations, UN agencies and a wide range of donors in order to solve the problems facing children in Bangladesh. Specifically, UNICEF Bangladesh works on: education health and nutrition protection...
- Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN)
- The Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN), also known as BDResearch.org.bd, is an online Knowledge Center brought to you by IID. BDResearch collects publications from reputed institutions home and abroad on or related to Bangladesh in all spheres of knowledge. It's aims are: to facilitate research on Bangladesh by researchers, policy makers, students, business, academia...
- Church of Bangladesh Social Development Programme
- The Church of Bangladesh Social Development Program (CBSDP) is a development wing of the Church of Bangladesh. Its goal is to uplift the status of people in the church community and reduce the social, economic and moral inequalities. This Community Development Projects aim to empower the rural poor people around issues of health, women’s rights and human rights and to provide vocational deve...
- Equity and Justice Working Group (EJWG)
- Activists advocating policy dialogue and change in attitudes in Bangladesh