Bahamas and Climate change
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The Adaptation Learning Mechanism
- Search country-specific adaptation profiles from the Adaptation Learning Mechanism
- Energy policy and sector analysis in the Caribbean (2010-2011)
- Energy and Climate Partnership of the Americas, 2012
- This report analyses the state of the energy sector and energy policy in seven small island developing states (SIDS) in the Caribbean, with an emphasis on renewable energy and energy efficiency opportunities in the countries. The repo...
- Commonwealth of the Bahamas' initial national communication to the UNFCCC
- This first national communication contains an overview of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. This national communication is in fulfilment of the Bahamas' obligation to submit such a report under the agreement signed with the UNFCCC. The...
- Climate change and Caribbean small island states: the state of play
- L. Benjamin / The International Journal of Bahamian Studies, 2009
- Studies have indicated that climate change is likely to have dramatic, negative effects for Caribbean small island developing states (SIDS). This article considers some of the main economic effects that climate change is anticipated t...
- Adaptation to climate change and managing disaster risk in the Caribbean and South-East Asia
- Caribbean Disaster Emergency Response Agency, Barbados, 2003
- This report is an of the outcome of the Seminar on Climate Change and Severe Weather Events in the Caribbean and Asia, held in Barbados in July of 2003. Presentations made at the seminar were based on six case studies carried out in t...
- Bahamas national policy for the adaptation to climate change
- The Government of The Bahamas has prepared this national policy for adaptation to climate change. Specifically, it provides an assessment of the degree of vulnerability of The Bahamas to the projected impacts of climate change by sect...
- Adapting to climate change in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Andrew Simms; Hannah Reid / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2006
- For many years, scientists have been predicting the impact of climate change. In Latin America and the Caribbean, predictions range from water shortages to an increase in the frequency of extreme weather events. The effects of climate...