Algeria and Poverty
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS poverty collection
- Search for the latest poverty-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Improving employment prospects for the young in the MENA region
- International Fund for Agricultural Development, 2011
- The Near East and North Africa (NENA) region presents the largest cohort of youth after sub-Saharan Africa, with young people making up 20 per cent of the total population in NENA. Ths paper, prepared for the 34th session of the IFAD ...
- Ensuring human security can lead to better opportunities for human development in the Arab world
- M. El-Sayyid; M. Al-Rasheed; S. Benjelloun; Et al / Human Development Report Office, UNDP, 2009
- This report examines human development in the Arab world through a human security lens, calling on policymakers and other stakeholders to move away from a state-centric conception of security to one which also concentrates on the security o...
- Tackling poverty in MENA with a long-term approach to growth and employment
- M. Messkoub / Institute of Social Studies, Netherlands, 2008
- Despite steady growth in most Arab Middle East and North Africa countries, the region has achieved very modest gains in reducing poverty or increasing employment. In fact, poverty and unemployment, especially among the young, are widespread...
- Persisting rural poverty in the Near East and North Africa (NENA) region
- I. Christensen; B. Veillerette; S. Andricopulos / International Fund for Agricultural Development, 2007
- Poverty in the Near East and North Africa region (NENA) is mainly a rural phenomenon. Almost half (48%) the area’s population lives in rural areas. This report focuses on key rural poverty issues in 13 diverse countries in the region,...
- What should be done about unemployment in the Middle East and North Africa?
- S.M. Ahsan; X.-F. Liu / Arab Planning Institute, Kuwait, 2008
- Unemployment in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region is currently at a historical high, which may appear puzzling given economic growth in the region. The authors of this conference paper stress the need to look at labour mar...
- Health and wellbeing in Algeria
- H. Tiliouine / ESRC Research Group on Wellbeing in Developing Countries . University of Bath, 2007
- Despite advances in preventive care and increased life expectancy, Algeria ranks amongst African countries with high child and adult mortality. Its health system faces resource shortages and inadequacies in basic health infrastructure. In a...
- Strong growth is a good devise for fast reduction in poverty
- L. Belkacem / Workshop on the Analysis of Poverty and its Determinants in the MENA Region, 2001
- Paper is concerned with poverty dynamics in Algeria. It tries to shed light on its magnitude, severity and depth and distribution as well as evolution since independence. Based on data from four consumer surveys, new poverty indicators are ...