Algeria and Health
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The Double Burden of Obesity and Malnutrition in a Protracted Emergency Setting: A Cross-Sectional Study of Western Sahara Refugees
- S. Carlos / PLoS Medicine, 2010
- Background Households from vulnerable groups experiencing epidemiological transitions are known to be affected concomitantly by under-nutrition and obesity. Yet, it is unknown to what extent this double burden affects refugee populations de...
- Ensuring human security can lead to better opportunities for human development in the Arab world
- M. El-Sayyid; M. Al-Rasheed; S. Benjelloun; Et al / Human Development Report Office, UNDP, 2009
- This report examines human development in the Arab world through a human security lens, calling on policymakers and other stakeholders to move away from a state-centric conception of security to one which also concentrates on the security o...
- Persisting rural poverty in the Near East and North Africa (NENA) region
- I. Christensen; B. Veillerette; S. Andricopulos / International Fund for Agricultural Development, 2007
- Poverty in the Near East and North Africa region (NENA) is mainly a rural phenomenon. Almost half (48%) the area’s population lives in rural areas. This report focuses on key rural poverty issues in 13 diverse countries in the region,...
- Health and wellbeing in Algeria
- H. Tiliouine / ESRC Research Group on Wellbeing in Developing Countries . University of Bath, 2007
- Despite advances in preventive care and increased life expectancy, Algeria ranks amongst African countries with high child and adult mortality. Its health system faces resource shortages and inadequacies in basic health infrastructure. In a...
- Algeria: Beijing women's conference programme report
- Flamme / Flame: African Sisters Online, 1999
- Summary of Algerian action on implementation of the Beijing platfrom of action