Algeria and Aid and debt
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS aid collection
Search for the latest aid-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- What is the situation of IDPs in Algeria?
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre, 2009
- Although Algeria has been affected by large-scale internal displacement caused by the internal conflict that has ravaged the country since the early 1990s, very little information is available on the current situation of the displaced...
- Ensuring human security can lead to better opportunities for human development in the Arab world
- M. El-Sayyid; M. Al-Rasheed; S. Benjelloun; Et al / Human Development Report Office, UNDP, 2009
- This report examines human development in the Arab world through a human security lens, calling on policymakers and other stakeholders to move away from a state-centric conception of security to one which also concentrates on the secu...
- Politics drives aid to Middle East and North Africa
- Jane Harrigan; Chengang Wang; Hamed El-Said / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2006
- Politics has more influence over global aid flows to Middle Eastern and North African countries than economic need. Western style democracy, peace treaties with Israel and regime challenge by Islamic groups have all stimulated funding...
- Unemployment insurance in Algeria : implications for a labor market in transition
- Elizabeth Ruppert / Policy Research Working Papers, World Bank, 1996
- Industrial restructuring has serious and persistent implications for Algeria's labor market. Algeria's labor strategy should incorporate supplyside policies to create jobs and stimulate development of the private sector, so that it wi...